Why use a consultancy service?
Here at SKL Training we understand that it can be really difficult to find the information you need when you're setting up a training centre. We know because we've done it ourselves!
Using a consultant gives you the temporary expertise you need when you're first setting up. As your consultant doesn't work for your business, you get true impartiality.
Become an approved training centre
Construction companies, aesthetics practitioners, engineering businesses, specialist education providers and care providers have all recently worked with SKL Training to successfully open accredited training centres.
If you want to do the same, SKL Training is here to support you.
Our rigorous pre-approval centre set-up service allows us to check that you have the capacity, right staff, qualifications, premises, resources and everything else you need to become your own training centre.
Centre set-up approval
When setting up as a training centre, you will need:
• Level 3 Award in Education and Training and Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement: you can complete these qualifications in a number of different ways to suit your needs
• Enough staff qualified in your area of specialism to deliver the courses you want to offer: we can support you to recruit tutors, assessors and internal quality assurers. Most awarding organisations want you to be occupationally competent, which can mean anything from 6 months’ – 5 years’ experience. This is a big task, so you will need at least two staff in your centre.
• An awarding body to accredit your courses: you’ll receive all the support you need to find an appropriate awarding body and apply to become a centre with them.
• Resources: You will need resources prepared for all courses you want to offer at the point of awarding body application. SKL Training provides a bespoke course authoring and resource design service.
• Cash: Before you start working with us, you will need to be in a position to fund all elements including your awarding body set-up fees as they are payable at the point of application. We do not provide funding application services, nor guidance in this area.
• Time: Although we will take much of the legwork out of your centre set up, you will need to set time aside to consult with us and enable us to complete your project to the agreed timescale. You’ll also need to ensure that you (or someone!) has time to run the new training arm of your business!
Why SKL Training?
Between them, our consultants have almost 40 years' experience in a variety of sectors including:
Teaching and training
Special educational needs
How much time will it take?
On average, centre set-up can take 6 months or longer, but this very much depends on where you are in your centre set-up process when you start working with us.
You will receive a timeline and action plan when you start working with SKL Training that is completely bespoke to you and your circumstances.
Your centre set-up package
As standard, you will receive (not necessarily in this order!):
You will receive a timeline and action plan for setting up your training centre.
Advice and guidance with a training expert
Come to us with any questions you have about your new training centre.
Fact finding and research to find your perfect awarding body
Our consultants are highly experienced in training centre set-up, having worked with multiple awarding organisations such as Open College Network, City and Guilds, Highfield, ABT, CPD, NCFE, Open Awards, VTCT, UAL and others.
All communications with awarding body
This can be a lengthy process. We will handle all communications and ensure that your chosen awarding body has everything they need to process your application and approval smoothly.
Applying for awarding body
Some awarding organisations require a lot of information and paperwork can be time consuming.
SKL Training will complete this on your behalf.
Support during awarding body approval process
Often it is during the approval process that businesses realise they need to make some changes to their set-up. We are here to support and advise you throughout.
Preparation for centre opening
You will want to promote your new centre and get potential learners excited about it! We can help you with social media marketing and website copy. Link with us on social media and we’ll also like and share all of your posts!
Your consultant is on hand for phone support for up to 3 months after you set up.
Prices start at:
You will need your Level 3 Award in Education and Training and Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
Prices start at £825 per person
Course writing and design
SKL Training has a highly skilled and experienced course author who, as well as writing for on the topics of education and training, leadership and management, equality and diversity LGBTQI+ awareness and employability has also authored for Skills Network, ABT and multiple other organisations. Many awarding bodies want you to submit original training materials at the point of application and, depending on how many courses you want to offer, this can be time consuming. Let SKL Training take the strain and we will write your courses for you. We’ll write your lesson plans too.
Prices start at: £275 per course
Exact amount will depend on the writing services you require
IQA finding service
Some awarding organisations require you to have an Internal Quality Assurer in place. We have a database of IQAs who have capacity: if we don’t already have someone listed in your sector, we will find someone!
Prices start at: £75
Writing policies and procedures
It's good practice to have these in place at the point of approval whether your awarding organisation requests them or not. We can write them for you, or amend policies and procedures you already have.
Prices start at: £275
SKL Training can write you a business plan or give one you already have some TLC.
Prices start at: £275